Pilot Karaoke Service Plans
The following policy details the benefits of the extended service plans for our drives. You can purchase a service plan for any of our drives. Service plans can ONLY apply to our CD/DVD drives, no other shippable product can be covered by a service plan.
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions regarding this service plan coverage.
Without Purchasing a Service Plan
- If you DO NOT purchase a service plan with your drive you are entitled to warranty coverage as specified below with the following exceptions:
- The primary period of coverage expires 30 days after you receive your drive shipment.
- The secondary period of coverage expires 6 months after the purchase date.
- This applies to all sales regardless of shipping destination.
- Your drive may be covered under a limited manufacturer's warranty:
- You are responsible for any necessary manufacturer's warranty claims.
- For external drives, making a manufacturer's warranty claim will involve removing the drive from its enclosure due to the fact that the external enclosures are manufactured by a different company than the drive itself.
Pricing and Availability:
- The service plans are available on all drives we sell as long as the drive ships to a US destination.
- At this time, we are unable to offer service plans for international customers. If an international customer purchases a plan, the plan premium will be refunded when we process the order.
- Service plans currently cost 15% of the regular price of the drive only. (Software or any other additional purchases will not add to the cost of the service plan.)
- Service plans must be purchased with the drive in the same transaction.
- Primary Benefit: All drive service plans provide 100% parts and labor coverage should any part of the drive hardware fail for a period of one (1) year from the date of drive purchase:
- If you experience difficulty with your drive hardware any time during the above period, simply contact us for resolution.
- If, after a reasonable amount of troubleshooting via email, we determine that any part of the drive hardware has in-fact failed, simply ship the drive back to us (at your expense) and we will repair or replace at our discretion and ship it back to you at our expense (via USPS Priority Mail).
- To qualify for service plan coverage, only your first contact regarding a covered problem must be within the service plan coverage period, even if the repair or replacement would occur after the end of the service plan coverage period.
- All service plan repairs or replacements are covered under this policy for a period of 30 days or until the end of the original service plan coverage, whichever occurs last.
- Secondary Benefit: All drive service plans provide 100% labor coverage should any part of the drive hardware fail for a period of three (3) years from the date of drive purchase:
- After the primary service plan period expires, this secondary portion will become effective.
- This secondary coverage is the same as the primary coverage with the following exceptions:
- Only labor is covered, any necessary replacements parts will be at the buyers expense.
- Return shipping after the repair or replacement has taken place will also be at the buyer's expense.
- The secondary benefit does not include replacement coverage if the drive is not repairable. We will diagnose the drive as part of the secondary benefit, but if a replacement is the only option, it will be at the buyer's expense.
- No service plan coverage is provided for any action that would invalidate the manufacturer's warranty, including (but not limited to):
- Intentional damage
- Unintentional physical damage due to mishandling the drive (e.g., forcing the drive to stop spinning, using an off-balance CD in the drive, etc.)
- Damage due to acts of God
- Any attempt at "self repair" that includes removing any drive or drive enclosure screws.
- Please print and retain a copy of this service plan coverage as it exists at your time of purchase. (i.e. print this page).
- We reserve the right to change the service plan coverage at any time and any changes made will apply to all service plan holders unless you retain a copy of your original coverage.
- You are entitled to a full refund of your service plan premium within 15 days of purchase for any reason except if you have made a service plan claim or the following situation applies:
- If we refund your drive purchase price for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund of the service plan premium, unless a service plan claim has already been made.